Did you know your CasaTunes system can be used for paging using Apple AirPlay?
Since every room and room group in a CasaTunes system is, by default, published as an AirPlay speaker, you can simply use a 3rd party App like an intercom or microphone App to connect to your CasaTunes published room or room speaker, providing the functionality of a basic paging system.
Here's how to set it up:
- If you want to page to more than one room at a time, we recommend you create a room group that includes all the rooms to be included in the page. For example, you could create the "Paging" room group which includes the Master Bedroom, Kids rooms, Living room, outdoors, etc.
- Make sure the rooms and room groups you want to page to are configured in CasaSetup as AirPlay speakers.
- Make sure AirPlay receiving is enabled in CasaSetup.
- Search the Apple AppStore for the intercom App you want to use. There are typically various Apps available. Search for intercom or microphone Apps in the AppStore that support AirPlay. Inside CasaTunes we have found the Intercom App from Von Bruno to be a good choice.
- Now when using the Intercom or Microphone App select the room or room group you want to page to.